7 April 2015

VEDA Day 6 - BriBry UK Tour 2015

Hello there little happy people, 

Today's is day 6 of VEDA and the day I got to go see a few of my favourite people on stage. 

I went to see BriBry, Candice and Dodie preform at the O2 ABC in Glasgow!

I purposely wore my hufflepuff scarf and tee to show the hufflepuff love to BriBry and to remind people to be themselves and be proud of it which BriBry is a big advocate of. 

It was such a lovely sunny day so I only had to wear a jumper and a scarf to Glasgow which is amazing for me as usually I'm freezing and need to wear so many layers to keep cosy. 

Anyway I met two of the people I was going with, Craig and Robyn, on the train and we found the last member of our group at Glasgow, Erin. When we arrived in Glasgow we decided to go pick up our tickets for the gig first to save time later but we were told just to get them when we come in for the gig. 

So we took a wander back into town and went for a lovely nosy around Waterstones. We spent ages wishing away our money at all the pretty books. Then we discovers waterstones were selling 80 small penguin cIassic novels for 80p each. In the end only Erin and Robyn bought some books and we decided to scout out somewhere to eat some snacks.

Starbucks was the final choice (and only second time I've ever been in). I picke up a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel which was lovely and a big mug of chai tea to keep me cosy. Although by this point I was roasting and even had to take off my jumper :P

So after our quick refuel we wandered back to the venue and began queuing for the gig. We got our tickets no problem but I totally forgot about bag searches. I had an overnight bag as I wouldn't be home in time for a bus back home so I was staying at my boyfriends. But since I just had my ear pierced I needed to take sea salt with me to clean it. So this security man was going through all my underwear and clothes and found this box of salt and I was almost certain he was gonna ask if it was drugs or not. Thankfully he didn't and I just had to fully unpack and repack my bag after he finished. 

The gig itself was absolutley amazing. I had never been in the ABC before. Dodie was on stage first and she sung a few originals, starting with Paint. She also sung a couple of covers of Riptide and On My Own which were both absolutley gorgeous. As well as originals and covers she sung a new song which had no name but was very good indeed.

BriBry and Candice were on after that and sung mostly originals and new songs. As well as that he sung a cover of chandelier which was very good. He finished the gig with Care and Astronauts which the whole crowd joined in singing with. 

Just before the meet and greet section BriBry and Dodie decided to do a "circle time" song where they sing in the middle of the crowd with everybody surrounding them. Adventure time was the song of choice and again, goosebumps littered my skin as the whole venue sung along. 

And then we got to have a quick hello and snap with the stars. And yes, BriBry is as tall as everyone says. He was exceptionally friendly and asked if we enjoyed the show. However for me, out of the two, Dodies hugs were better (sorry BriBry). I felt like I was getting greeted by an old fried that I hadn't seen for years and it was a lovely feeling to feel such great friends with someone when it's only the second time you've ever met.  Candice was also at the meet and greet and she had a far smaller queue to meet so we got to spend some time chatting after saying hello and grabbing a quick snap. She was really kind and again I felt like I was talking to someone I've known for ages. And I can't wait till I have the chance to meet them all again.

So eventually we made our way back to the station, picked up some snacks from Burger King and boarded the train home. 

All in all it was a fantastic night and a massive thank you to BriBry, Candice and Dodie for putting on the show and for Craig for buying the tickets and letting me tag along with his friends.

I hope you're having great days! :)

Hev xx


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o4wsgfFG5A


2 comments:

  1. Ah this is lovely! I saw Dodie perform at Orla Gartland's London gig but have yet to see Bribry and Candice. Definitely will have to at some point, sounds completely fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were exceptionally nice, friendly people and I can't wait to see them again. :3

      Delete