15 April 2015

VEDA Day 14 - Mahoosive Haul

Good day happy little people,

Todays VEDA will be a haul video. Which means that it will be quite long (I'm sorry) and possibly boring if you aren't into watching Hauls. But if you are keep reading! This is a Haul from over a couple of weeks and everything was bought with my own money. Also this was filmed in March :)

Basically it was my birthday in February so I got quite a wee bit of money so last month I decided to let myself spend a wee bit of it. I have been trying to stop myself spending so much money recently as I always spend far too much money in Primark. I can't help but go in and see all the cheap, pretty, nice fitting and cheap (that is a very important factor in my purchases) clothes. So the first shop I went to buy things from was, unsurprisingly, Primark.

The first trip in I picked up 5 things.
Because I always end up wearing dresses in the summer and avoid my skirts I decided to pick up a couple more to try and encourage myself to wear skirts more often. It sounds obvious but when you wear a skirt, you need to match a top with it. And I don't think I'm particularly good at that. I always just end up wearing a black camisole with my skirts so I generally don't wear skirts that often. But I picked up three on this trip. 

The first was this gorgeous geometric type print skirt. I would say it would be close to a mini skirt in length. The great thing about this skirt though is that it has an elastic waistband. I have a teeny tiny waist so I really struggle to find skirts that fit (hence why I don't wear them often) so having an elasticated waistband is a life saver for me. It is also a really light fabric so this will be great when I go on my holly-bags in the Summer. I paid £4 for this and it is a size 6.

The also got this gorgeous skater style skirt. I love these kinds of  skirts and I loved the print on this one. These skirts are great for me as it accentuates my teeny waist. This is a navy blue coloured soft cotton with what I think are white cornflowers dotted all over the skirt. The only thing I disliked about this one was that there is a clear line of stitching on all sides (as you can see from the photo) but for the mere £5 I paid for it, I don't mind that much. This was a size 6.

The last skirt I bought on this trip was kinda an experiment/project skirt. It is another gorgeous emerald green skater skirt which I just fell totally in love with. However, they didn't have my size so I got a size 8. This means I'm going to have to take in the skirt which, hopefully, will work. I have only ever taken skirts in from the back before but this skirt has a zip detail up the back so I'm going to have to battle with thicker fabric on the sides instead. I paid £3 for this.

Even though I tried to stop myself from buying more dresses I couldn't help but get this one. I had actually tried on this exact dress in a plain khaki green colour a few weeks before. I liked the fit of the dress but the plain green seemed just a bit too plain for my liking so I left it. However, when I was in this time they had this pattern which I really liked. This is a size 8 and it cost £5.


And the last thing I picked up (just before the tills) they had a £1 rack and I found this. It is an XS kimono/summer cardigan/beach cover-up type thingie. I really loved them when they were all in fashion last year but never managed to pick one up. So I thought why not nab this one at £1! Its a really sheer fabric but I think it'll be perfect for beach side strolls in the summer.




So that was all from that first Primark trip. A few weeks after that I went on a little day out with my boyfriend and his little brother to spend some of our savings. It was the first free Saturday he had had since he started work so it was great to be able to spend the day wandering around all the geeky shops. I ended up just buying a couple of things as well as some Mothers Day presents (as it was that weekend we went). 

The first place we went was the Disney Store. Now we are all massive fans of Disney and so I couldn't wait to see what the store had. I had actually been in the day before as me and a friend went to the All Time Low & You Me At Six gig the night before. We had got into Glasgow early in the day so had a little wander around and popped into the Disney Store. And that was when my heart fell for this adorable Dumbo. So the next day when I was in with my boyfriend I had decided that I did really want him. He was originally £18 which I don't think I would have ever spent on him considering he is just a plain grey elephant but they had a special deal on where if you spent over £8 you could get him for £8 which seemed far more reasonable.

So I ended up picking this Stitch mug which was £9. And because that was £1 under the limit I just picked up a Disney bag for life to carry my Dumbo in. After that we wandered around and ended up visiting both Geekaboo and Forbidden Planet, where I saw these little vinyl Nightmare Before Christmas figures. They were in secret boxes so you wouldn't know what one you were getting before you opened it which was cool. In Geekaboo they were £9.99 which I wasn't willing to spend but in Forbidden Planet they were only £6.99 which, even then I was reluctant to spend, but I thought "well it is my birthday money and it'll be fun and whatever I get they are all cute". I have to admit though I was kinda hoping to get the Zero one but I love this little Snowman Jack Skellington. :)



A week or so later a friend and I were in town after school. She had brought a sheer top to change into but hadn't brought an undertop so we were in town searching for a suitable replacement top for the time being. I had never actually gone into this shop but we popped into West Coast for a look as it had a massive sale due to it closing down. Everything in the shop was £5 which was a bargain. She didn't actually find anything but I ended up buying 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of shoes...

So the first pair of jeans were these lemon yellow jeans. I actually wanted a pair of yellow skinny jeans last year but didn't end up buying them because I didn't think I would actually wear them so I didn't want to spend a lot on them. However since I bought these I have worn them quite a few times. The only thing is, unless I'm wearing tights underneath them they are a bit baggy around the top half. That may be due to my lack of hips and bum though. These are a size 8 and obviously cost me £5.

The next pair of jeans was a light teal or pale blue skinny jeans. The thing I loved most about these jeans was that around the stitched areas there was a darker wash of blue which I really liked. I have worn these the most often out of the three pairs. These are also a size 8 and cost me £5. I don't actually have a photo of them yet as they are currently getting washed. I was on a walk with my dogs and Moss (who loves puddles) jumped into the nearby pond and came out covered in mud, and then decided to shake right next to me. In hindsight, I shouldn't have worn pale jeans when walking :P

 The last pair of jeans I bought was an extremely similar coloured pair of blue teal jeans. These are a slightly less pastel shade than the others. I'm not sure if you can see properly but dotted all over the jeans is an adorable tiny white polka dot pattern which I just thought was so cute for Spring and Summer. I haven't actually worn these yet but hopefully when it gets a bit brighter I will have some excuse to merit my purchase. These cost me £5 and are also a size 8.

 And the last thing I bought from West Coast were these amazingly turquoise blue hi-top shoes. As they were the last pair in the shop when I first saw them I doubted they would be my size but when I picked them off the shelf and had a look, they actually were my size! Now the camera does not do the colour of these shoes justice and they are so bright its unbelievable. I love the tartan lining on the inside but I'm not a huge fan of the studs on the back. But for £5, I love them. These are a size 7.



And a week after that I accidentally spent more money in Primark. I originally went in with the full intention of not spending any money at all. I went in with my boyfriend for him to buy some jeans. But when he was trying them on I had a little wander around the shop (which is dangerous for me) and I ending up finding this sale rack with all these knitted jumpers for £3. So I couldn't help but pick a couple up because they are just so useful. I got them all in a size 10 to let them be a bit more baggy on the sleeves which I really like. I got three different colours. One black and white, one lime green, white and black and the last a pastel green.



 I also picked up four new camisoles. The only colours I have are black and white and one dark brown so I figured I should pick up a couple more colourful ones for the summer and to help me match with my skirts. I ended up choosing a royal blue, a khaki green and a bright red in size 6. Unfortunately they didn't have the magenta purple in my size so I got a size 8 which still fits perfectly fine. They were all £2 each. I totally forgot that they were a part of this haul so no photos of them just yet but I will update ASAP.


So this is a mountain of stuff that I bought but it was over about a month which makes it slightly more acceptable. If you have any questions about the clothes feel free to ask. I hope you are having a fantastic day,

Hev xx

https://youtu.be/76gsC42_8nI

No comments:

Post a Comment