23 April 2015

VEDA Day 20 - My Shelves

Hello happy little people,

Todays video is another little quick one as I am finalising all my coursework this week so I am busy, busy, busy! But I thought what better way to get to know someone than having a peek at their shelves and see what you can find. So for this blog post I will take you on a written tour and explain all the things you will notice in the video.

So I began on the highest shelf of my bookcase. I have to stand on my bed to reach this so this shelf is more for decoration items. 

  • The first thing you will see is a gorgeous drawing of a leopard I bought a few years ago from the Pittenweem Art Festival which I visited with my gran. 
  • Next to that is a Bobblehead Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas. One of my good friends bought him for my birthday this year and I haven't dared to take him out his box yet. 
  • Two little Christmas things are next to that. A heat changing mug where Rudolphs nose changes red when hot tea is in it and a little gingerbread house I haven't got round to eating yet.
  • Behind those lives a painting a street artist did of my name in New York. My Dad brought it back for me and I have never found a suitable place to put it in my room. 
  • The last things are fake flowers. Which seem odd but the white bouquet was my bouquet at my Dads wedding for being a bridesmaid and the coral coloured one was in my hair :)


The next shelf was a little more interesting as you got to see the kinds of books which were lined up. 

  • The first ones are a few of my old Dr.Suess books which I was obsessed with as a child
  • The majority of my shelf is taken up by my large collection of Michael Murpurgo books as I was (and still am) obsessed with his stories. The combination of the World Wars and Animals appeals to me greatly and they have never failed to give me a story worth remembering. I have to admit my all time favourite was either Running Wild or Born Free.
  • Then I have a few "YA" novels which include a small collection of John Green, Robyn Schneider and Rainbow Rowell. 
  • Next to these I move onto my series books. So far I have His Dark Materials, Lord of the Rings (including the Hobbit), The Chronicles of Narnia and my parcel style box full of my never read pretty Harry Potter books. Of course I have read Harry Potter but I never owned them. I borrowed them from the library. But when I was finished I desperately wanted my own copies so that was my Christmas present.
  • And finally ontop of that I have my randomish novels - mainly by Neil Gaiman, Roy Gill and J.K Rowling.

On the third shelf down lives my fabulous CD player and all my CDs. I don't actually have that many as they are quite expensive but I do like to buy and own physical copies of things. Sitting next to my CD player I actually have a little Mozart bear my Mum brought me back from Vienna one year. I won't go through all the CDs I have as that would certainly be boring but to name a few; Fall Out Boy, McFly, The Beatles, My Chemical Romance play the main part in the collection.


I then moved onto my windowsill shelf. 
  • Currently on it is an Aster plant which my boyfriend bought me for our 6 Month anniversary last year and a Fuchsia plant I bought myself last year also. 
  • Next to these is my little Totoro which I got from a friend years and years ago and my stitch mug & Jack Skellington vinyl figure which I bought with my birthday money in Glasgow. 
  • As I have two windows in my room I obviously have two windowsills. On the other is my tiny collection of 60s vehicles which includes two old VW beatles and one old VW campervan. 
  • There is also a small tiger statue from a small village up in the Highlands and a Panda I bought from Dynamic Earth the last time I visited. 

And finally was a little peak at my bedside table. 
  • I have a little wooden jewellery box where I put my earrings, kirbys and ring before I go to bed at night. 
  • I also have two candle holders, one which doubles as a wax burner and the other, when a tea-light is inside, illuminates to show a polar bear pattern all the way around. I bought this at the German Market in Edinburgh last year with my boyfriend on our anniversary celebration so it always reminds me of that. 
  • A ticket to see Dodie Clarke, Candice and Bribry is also still on my table as is a ticket to a Ceilidh I attended a while ago. 
  • My lens cap was also sitting on the table when I filmed to make sure I didn't loose it.
  • And finally the case to my iPod and headphones as to plug my iPod into my CD player I have to remove my case.
So I hope you enjoyed a little look into what things I have upon my shelves and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! 

I Hope you are having a fantastic day,

Hev xx


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELf6I5hfVYE



No comments:

Post a Comment