23 April 2015

VEDA Day 18 - LUSHious Pamper Night

Hello there little happy people,

So tonights video is just a little quick video of a little LUSH pamper session I gave myself. Finishing coursework is pretty stressful so I decided to finally have a go with the free products (and one purchased) I got from LUSH after the Blogger/Vlogger event. So lets dive right in!

The first product I used was obviously the Golden Slumber bath ballistic. I have to say, as soon as I placed it in the water the smell of Lavender was quite strong. So if you are't a fan of Lavender I probably wouldn't suggest it. However, I am a massive fan of Lavender scents so for me it was bliss. As it had Lavender flowers and stalks in it, when the bath ballistic finally dissolved away, I was left with bits of foliage in my bath. Now generally I'm not one to complain about those kinds of things but having curly hair means I have to. Things get stuck in my birds nest all the time and if I'm washing it, I want all the fluff and dust out, I don't particularly want to be adding more grass to make me look like I've fallen into a haystack. So I had to be careful when cleaning my hair not to get too much stuck in it. Apart from that slight flaw, it made my skin feel very soft and smelt delicious. 

The next product I used was the Yummy Mummy shower gel. Now, to me anyway, when I smell it in the bottle compared to smelling it once it has lathered, is very different. In the bottle it is a very Lilacy-flowery but kind of musky scent (I could be all wrong as I'm terrible at describing scents) but once lathered up, to me anyway, it smells a lot more like honey or ginger. I love both smells but like I said, I did notice a difference. The shower gel did leave a fantastic smell on my skin though and lathered up quite nicely on my sponge thingie. So all in all I was happy with that. Let's face it you can't exactly get a bad shower gel :P

I then used the sugar scrub just as I was getting out of the bath but before I dried my legs. I only used it on my legs just so I could test to see how it worked for me. The instructions were to dip it in water and the sugar would start to dissolves so that it was gentler on the skin when used to ex-foliate. The more water you use, the gentler it would be. I had never used one of these before so I wasn't quite sure what to do. I think I managed to make my legs a little softer but who knows. Once I was finished with it I was then faced with a dilemma. It kept dissolving as the water seeped through the scrub so it has become a green sugary mess in bag it came in. I will try it again to see if I can get any better results.

And the final product I used was the BB Seaweed face mask. This was the product I was most looking forward to using. Taking advice from the lushies in Stirling after dabbing a dollop of the product on my fingers I lightly ran water over it to make it slightly easier to apply. This allowed for a bit more ex-foliation as I rubbed it onto my cheeks and face. After a ten minute wait the mask begins to harden slightly and I gently scrubbed it off with a face cloth and warm water, being sure to ex-foliate the required areas. This proved very successful as it left my face feeling fresh, clean and very soft. I also adore the smell of the BB Seaweed so smelling it for ten minutes was heaven. :)

All in all I was very happy with all the products (as per usual). Only a few little things here ad there but nothing major. Thanks again from the fantastic LUSH Stirling for putting on the event and being so generous in the favours. 

Hope you are having a wonderful day,

Hev xx


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or_CKTqw_mw



No comments:

Post a Comment