23 April 2015

VEDA Day 19 - Get Ready With Me

Good morning happy little people,

So over the past couples of weeks I have been watching through old videos of other peoples and quite a few have done "Get Ready With Me" videos. So I thought I would give one a go. Also I'm still super busy so a simple video for a stressful day. I promise next week we will have some more communication.

As soon as I wake up in the morning I put on a moisturiser. The one I have always used is the Nivea Soft Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream. This both helps me wake up and feel more ready for the day. It is also very useful if I am going to be wearing make-up that day as it helps my concealer/foundation go on a lot smoother. After applying this I generally wait around 10-15mins to start doing anything else to my face.

Now unfortunately, my camera actually cut out as I was doing my eyeliner so that isn't included in my video. However I can tell you that I use a different eyeliner depending how rushed I am. If I am in a hurry I use one of two very cheap Technic eyeliners. This is mainly because they come off a lot easier and quicker if a mistake is made and the colour isn't quite as dark in them. If I have a little more time to spend I use a Miss Sporty Studio Lash Eyeliner. I actually need to get another of these as mine is on it last few legs. As I am doing my eyeliner I will apply a Nivea Hydro Care lipbalm to my lips. Again, this just makes lipstick go on smoother and of course it is important to moisturise your lips. The lipstick I decided on wearing is one of my absolute favourites. It is a Barry M lipstick in the colour Genie (502).  Now the fantastic thing about this is it is actually green in the tube, but when you put it on it reacts with your skin to cause a very pretty pink shade. I love this as I find that it takes a lot longer to rub or fade off and even when it does, it fades quite well.

For my face I use a Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation in the shade 100 Ivory. This is really great as it actually has Vitamin C in it to make your skin look and feel healthier. It also contains SPF 15 so for those particularly less cloudy days in Scotland, it can help my delicate pale skin be a bit more protected. I also really love the smell of this (is that weird?). I just use my fingers to pat on and blend into my face. I focus on the bags under my eyes, red patches around my nose and red on my chin and forehead as well as covering any spots or blemishes. Normally when I put this on it can look quite cakey to start with so I try to get it as even as I can before going over my whole face with a powder. I find that this really mattifies my face (which is what I'm going for) and evens out the colour. I use the Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent. If I need it I may add some concealer to just under my bottom lash line and inner corner of my eyes to give a bit more of a bright and awake boost to my face. I use a Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer. This also has vitamins E and C so I guess that must help make your face look more awake. It comes with an applicator brush that I use only to apply it onto my face and then I use my fingers again to blend it. I would tell you the shade I use but I have no clue. The label has faded since I bought it :P

For my mascara, it depends what look I'm going for. If I'm going more bold, which isn't very often, I will use Rimmel London Volume Lash Scandal Eyes Mascara. This goes on quite heavy so I apply carefully. The brush is far more bushy so doesn't separate your lashes as much. If I'm going for a more discreet look I will use Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless. This is purely because the brush is skinnier and more brush like so separates my lashes quite well. Again, I still have to apply carefully in case of clumps but generally its all right. I apply this to my top lashes and to the outer half of my lower lashes. For eyeliner on my water lines I use a Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in the shade 001 Jet Black. I apply this on my top water line and on the outer half of my bottom waterline to match the mascara. I have also recently been experimenting with applying a white Natural Collection Eye Liner to my inner half. Not quite sure if I will keep with this or not, I will try it a few more times and see what I think.

After finishing my make-up I go to sort my hair. I leave a conditioner in it overnight and tied up in a high ponytail to give me a little more volume to my curls. That is basically it for what I do to it. People always ask and seem to expect a really long complex answer but, nope, that is it. And if its a bit frizzy I will just run some water through it and some hair moisturiser so sort it. I switch between an Argan Oil one I picked up from Primark and R&B by LUSH. 

And I chose to wear one of my new little skirts from Primark and a royal blue vest camisole top to match which was also from Primark. I have a totally separate post all about them in my Mahoosive Haul if you want to know more about them.  

If you enjoyed this let me know. I hope you are having a fantastic day,

Hev xx


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qLiRl_6-pE

No comments:

Post a Comment